Realize Your Best Future
When you join Paul Hastings you experience a future-focused culture that encourages and rewards original thought and new ideas. We are a dynamic and entrepreneurial firm committed to building on our already significant successes to be a market leader in our chosen practices.
We believe that our focus on everyone’s collective success will create individual opportunities for you to set a faster pace of growth for your practice and stature in the market. We are passionate about our open, inclusive, flexible work environment where we inspire each other to make the biggest impact on our clients and ourselves.
Joining us gives you the opportunity to help some of the world’s leading companies on some of their biggest challenges around the globe. You will also have opportunities to be a catalyst for change in your community, championing pro bono projects and CSR successes with the same passion and focus we bring to all our work. Together we can impact the world.
Training & Development
At Paul Hastings, we are dedicated to the development and growth of our lawyers, and we are committed to providing the resources necessary for success. In your role, you’ll be provided throughout your career with legal training, integration opportunities, career development, and performance management.
- Lateral Partner Integration - Lateral partners are supported through a global platform to ensure a smooth transition, streamline communications, provide leadership opportunities, and optimize partner networks.
We offer over 950 Continuing Legal Education (CLE) and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) accredited training programs on a wide variety of basic and complex legal topics, such as:
- Developing First Year Associates - Programming for first year associates helps them understand the firm’s vision and strategic direction, department goals and structures, how to increase their skills while delivering excellent legal services, and establishing professional relationships across the firm.
- Guiding Mid-level Associates - We focus on communicating our firm’s business strategies, and how they map to associate development and advancement. We want to ensure our associates have an understanding of the paths to partnership, alternative career options, and individual career development plans.
- Business Development - This multi-faceted, interactive program is designed to improve mid-level and senior associates' skills in developing and managing new and existing client relationships.
- Academies - This multi-faceted, interactive program is designed to improve mid-level and senior associates' skills in developing and managing new and existing client relationships. It includes a full day of substantive training, coaching group meetings lead by a partner, a learning assignment, and the creation of an individual business development plan.
- Legal Off-site Training Programs
- Connecting with Firm Management - Firm management regularly meets with associates across the firm.
CONTINUOUS CAREER DEVELOPMENT
- Career Coaching - We help our attorneys assess their skills, develop a personal career plan, assist in seeking additional opportunities for growth and mentorship, and guide you in your networking efforts.
- In-house Counsel Opportunities - We offer an online system that serves as a clearinghouse for in-house counsel and other legal positions, and allows associates to confidentially search potential opportunities.
We believe in our performance management process to help our people hear valuable feedback aligned with individual professional development goals frequently throughout the year.
Dedicated to helping clients navigate their most challenging legal issues, significant and complex transactions and most critical disputes, Paul Hastings is a premier global law firm with elite teams in every practice area, jurisdiction and key geography.
We foster a diverse, inclusive work environment—which enables us to provide clients with the innovative thinking of teams rich in talent, experiences, and creativity. Our Global Diversity Council hosts programs intended to increase cultural competencies and address key topics related to diversity, inclusion, and belonging.
Comprehensive Health Benefits
401(k) Plan *US only*
Progressive Parental & Fertility Assistance
Health & Wellness Programs
Executive Coaching & Mentorship
Spotlight on our lawyers
Getting to Know Diala Minott
In our video series, we sit down with lateral partners and other significant new joiners from across the Firm to learn about their practices, hear why they joined Paul Hastings, and get to know them better. You can view additional videos in the series on YouTube.
Our Former Clerks
Paul Hastings' policy is to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. It is the Firm’s policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of ethnicity, race, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), national origin, immigration status, ancestry, age, marital status, protected veteran status, military status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis prohibited under federal, state or local law. EEO Is The Law EEO Is The Law Poster Supplement
Paul Hastings provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures.If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can contact Katherine Ford at +1 312 499 6291. NOTE: This email address is not for general employment inquiries. We will not respond to inquiries to this email address that are not related to requests for accommodated accessibility of our online application system by individuals with disabilities.
Note to search firms: All agencies must sign a Paul Hastings search firm agreement. Our search firm agreements are office specific. Candidates submitted by a search firm without an executed search firm agreement with the appropriate office will not be considered an applicant. All applicants must be submitted to a job posting through our online process. Resumes sent directly to Paul Hastings attorneys or the Talent Acquisition & Development Department will not be accepted or considered an applicant. If you would like to sign a Paul Hastings search firm agreement, please send a request to email@example.com.
Disclaimer Any communication sent by you to Paul Hastings inquiring about employment or in response to an invitation to submit your resume on our Website shall not be considered an application for employment and creates no obligation on the part of Paul Hastings to respond. Should Paul Hastings be interested in exploring employment opportunities with you, we will contact you in response to your inquiry. See our Terms and Conditions for more information.