Five Paul Hastings Attorneys Named to Latin America’s Top 100 Lawyers by Latinvex
New York – Paul Hastings LLP, a leading global law firm, announced today that five lawyers were recognized among Latin America's Top 100 Lawyers of 2021 by Latinvex, a leading Latin America business publication.
Paul Hastings partners also appeared on five of the seven Key Category lists by Latinvex, specifically:
- Banking & Finance: Michael Fitzgerald, Robert Kartheiser
- Capital Markets: Arturo Carrillo, Michael Fitzgerald, Joy Gallup, Cathleen McLaughlin
- Corporate/M&A: Arturo Carrillo, Joy Gallup
- Energy: Robert Kartheiser
- Project Finance: Robert Kartheiser, Cathleen McLaughlin
The recognition from Latinvex marks the latest in a series of accolades for the firm’s Latin America practice, which was ranked in the Top 3 of Latinvex’s 2021 list of top international law firms operating in the LatAm region.
Other recent recognitions for the practice include:
- Paul Hastings’ Energy and Infrastructure Practice was recognized by Latin Lawyer as Project Finance Deal of the Year for its representation of EnfraGen Energía Sur, S.A.U., Prime Energía SpA, and EnfraGen Spain, S.A.U. in a $1.76 billion debt package, including US$710 million in project bond issuance, combined with a pari passu US$1.05 billion bank debt.
- The firm was recognized in Legal 500’s Latin America guide, with Tier 2 rankings in the Banking and Finance, Capital Markets, Corporate and M&A and Projects and Energy practice groups.
- The Firm was noted by LatinFinance for our role in three award-winning deals honored among the 2020 Project & Infrastructure Finance Awards:
- Infrastructure Financing of the Year – Andes: Ergon Peru
- Infrastructure Financing of the Year (Caribbean): Trans-Jamaican Highway
- Project Sponsor of the Year: China Harbour Engineering Company led consortium
- Joy Gallup, Elicia Ling, Cathleen McLaughlin, and Veronica Rodriguez have been named among Latin America’s Top 100 Female Lawyers (2020) by Latinvex.
At Paul Hastings, our purpose is clear — to help our clients and people navigate new paths to growth. With a strong presence throughout Asia, Europe, Latin America, and the U.S., Paul Hastings is recognized as one of the world’s most innovative global law firms.