Paul Hastings Wins Three 2021 LatinFinance Project and Infrastructure Awards
New York – Paul Hastings LLP, a leading global law firm, is pleased to announce that its Energy and Infrastructure Team advised on three transactions that won awards at the 2021 LatinFinace Project and Infrastructure Awards for the following categories:
- Airport Financing of the Year: The Lima Airport Expansion Financing
Paul Hastings is representing Lima Airport Partners (LAP) and Fraport in the $1.8 billion expansion of the Jorge Chávez International Airport in Lima, Peru. The firm advised LAP and its shareholders on the US$450 million bridge financing for the project and is now acting for them in the take-out and long-term expansion financing.
- Infrastructure Financing of the Year - Latin America: EnfraGen’s US$1.76 billion Financing
Paul Hastings represented EnfraGen Energía Sur, S.A.U., Prime Energía SpA, and EnfraGen Spain, S.A.U., in their borrowing of US$1.05 billion of bank debt combined with an issuance of US$710 million 5.375% senior secured notes due 2030 on December 17, 2020 pursuant to Rule 144A/Regulation S.
- Local Currency Financing of the Year: Puerta de Hierro's Social Bond
Paul Hastings represented Patrimonio Autónomo Montes de María, as issuer/borrower, Sociedad Concesionaria Montes de Maria S.A.S. and the sponsor Sacyr S.A. on the approximately US$250 million financing of the design, development, construction, commissioning and operation of the Autopista Puerta de Hierro-Palmar de Varela y Carreto-Cruz del Viso (“PdH”) project in Colombia. The financing package is priced in Colombian pesos and consists of a series of UVR-denominated notes issued pursuant to Rule 144A/Regulation S and guaranteed by DFC. The issuance is the first social bond tied to an infrastructure project in Latin America, and the first bond in Latin America guaranteed by DFC.
These awards follow additional recognition for the firm’s Latin America practice, including:
- The Energy & Infrastructure Team was again named a “Band 1” team for LatAm by Chambers.
- The refinancing transactions for EnfraGen and Lima Airport Partners were also recognized as “deals of the year” by IJGlobal’s Awards.
- Latin Lawyer recognized the EnfraGen Refinancing as “Project Finance Deal of the Year.”
- Paul Hastings was ranked by Latinvex in the top 3 international law firms operating in Latin America, and Arturo Carrillo, Michael Fitzgerald, Joy Gallup, Robert Kartheiser, and Cathleen McLaughlin were recognized by Latinvex among Latin America's Top 100 Lawyers of 2021.
- The Firm was noted by LatinFinance for our role in three award-winning deals honored among the 2020 Project & Infrastructure Finance Awards:
- Infrastructure Financing of the Year – Andes: Ergon Peru
- Infrastructure Financing of the Year (Caribbean): Trans-Jamaican Highway
At Paul Hastings, our purpose is clear — to help our clients and people navigate new paths to growth. With a strong presence throughout Asia, Europe, Latin America and the U.S., Paul Hastings is recognized as one of the world’s most innovative global law firms.