Paul Hastings Has a Strong Summer on Market Leading Transactions
September 25, 2023
NEW YORK — Despite continued softness in the broader markets, deal teams at Paul Hastings advised on many large and complex transactions through the summer of 2023. From May through August, the firm handled major assignments in M&A, global finance, private equity, securities and other capital markets offerings. Recent representative transactions include:
- Advising the direct lenders in connection with TPG’s $1.4 billion acquisition of Nextech;
- Advising CVC Credit in the establishment of its third CLO equity fund, which represents the largest vehicle of this type raised to date by CVC and one of the most significant fundraisings of its kind globally;
- Advising Goldman Sachs and other underwriters in connection with ONEOK’s $5.25 billion senior notes offering;
- Advising Francisco Partners and TPG in the $6.5 billion take-private of New Relic, an all-in-one observability platform for engineers;
- Advising the underwriters and dealer managers in connection with Celanese US Holding LLC’s $3 billion senior notes offering and concurrent $1.75 billion cash tender offer;
- Advising the lenders in connection with Civica’s £1.1 billion refinancing;
- Advising Francisco Partners in its €700 million acquisition of Macrobond, a leading global provider of software and financial data, from Nordic Capital;
- Advising Symphony Technology Group in its $1.5 billion all-cash acquisition of Momentive Global, the maker of SurveyMonkey;
- Advising STG in its $1.4 billion take-private of Avid Technology, a leading technology provider that powers the media and entertainment industry;
- Advising Quotient Technology, Inc. in its business combination with Neptune Retail Solutions, an omnichannel retail marketing company with a network of in-store and digital solutions;
- Advising Barnes & Noble Education in the company’s agreement with its financial stakeholders and strategic partners on the terms of a refinancing, and the sale of its Digital Student Solutions segment to Learneo, a platform of productivity and learning businesses;
- Advising MGM Resorts International in an exclusive, long-term strategic licensing agreement with Marriott International, Inc., a global company that operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts; and
- Advising the Republic of Peru in connection with a bond offering and concurrent exchange and tender offers resulting in the issuance of $4.4 billion in bonds.
More information about the firm’s practices can be found here.
About Paul Hastings
With widely recognized elite teams in finance, mergers & acquisitions, private equity, restructuring and special situations, litigation, employment, and real estate, Paul Hastings is a premier law firm providing intellectual capital and superior execution globally to the world’s leading investment banks, asset managers, and corporations.