Bruce DePaola is a partner in the Real Estate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s New York office. Mr. DePaola represents real estate developers, institutional investors, professional sports teams, private equity groups and hotel owners, operators and managers involved in some of the most sophisticated and innovative real estate transactions occurring today. This includes the acquisition, development, disposition, ground leasing and financing of a number of signature multi-use facilities both in New York and across the country.
Mr. DePaola is an adjunct professor at St. John’s University School of Law, his alma mater, where he teaches the Real Estate Development course. Mr. DePaola has also been a guest lecturer and panel moderator at other law schools on topics including NYC development, hotel management agreements and real estate focused joint venture agreements.
He also counsels clients in connection with their related joint ventures, partnerships, equity investment vehicles, and operating/management agreements with local developers, five star hotel operators, and U.S. and international investors.
- Chambers USA, Top Real Estate Lawyer (2021-2022)
- The Legal 500, Real Estate (2021)
- Chambers USA, Top Real Estate Lawyer (2021)
- St. John's University School of Law, J.D., 1994
- College of William and Mary, B.A., 1988
- New York City FC (New York’s Major League Soccer Franchise) in the following matters: (i) acquisition of its major league soccer franchise, (ii) the pending acquisition, financing, third party joint venture investments, entitlement and development of a 25,000 seat professional soccer stadium, in New York City, (iii) acquisition and development of NYCFC’s first team training facility in Orangeburg, New York, (iv) leasing and development of a youth team training facility in Queens, New York and (v) all major contractual matters.
- Nordstrom Inc. in its acquisition and co-development (with Extell Development Co.) of its 285,000 square foot New York flagship store to be located on Broadway, between 57th and 58th Streets and at 3 Columbus Circle.
- Aman Hotels and Resorts and Vladislav Doronin in their acquisition and development, as an Aman hotel with branded condo units, of the upper floors of the iconic Crown Building located at 730 Fifth Avenue, New York, New York.
- Extell Development Company in connection with the following matters: (i) restructuring of its ground lessor’s position (and related new ground lease) with respect to the ski terrain comprising Deer Valley Resort Company and (ii) development and financing of a major, mixed use development adjacent to Deer Valley Resort.
- Talisker Corporation in the ground lease and development of the Montage, Deer Valley and the acquisition, synthesis, redevelopment, ground leasing and financing of The Canyons Ski Resort and Park City Mountain Resort.
- HFZ Capital in the hotel management agreements for, and development of, the hotel component of 76 Eleventh as a Six Senses hotel.
- L&L Development Company in the acquisition and development of 1568 Broadway, New York, New York and Terminal Market in midtown Manhattan.
- Nobu Hospitality in its participation, as technical services provider and hotel manager and restaurant lessee or licensor, with the development of existing and/or proposed Nobu Hotels in Las Vegas, London, Miami, Chicago, Toronto, Malibu, Cabo, Barcelona, Ibiza, Riyadh, Marbella, Palo Alto, Sao Paulo, Hamburg and other locations.
- Marathon Real Estate Opportunity Fund in the acquisition and development of the 1,000 room Grand Hyatt San Antonio Convention Center Hotel.
- Millennium Partners in the development of multiple mixed-use projects, including residential condo units, sports clubs, office space, and the following hotels: the Ritz-Carlton Central Park New York, Ritz-Carlton Battery Park New York, Ritz-Carlton Boston, Ritz-Carlton Boston Commons, Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, and Ritz-Carlton Washington D.C.
- Millennium Partners in the development of mixed-use projects including residential condo units, condo hotel units, sports clubs, office space, and the following hotels: the Four Seasons, San Francisco and Four Seasons, Miami.
- City Football Group (owner of Manchester City FC) in connection with two major investments into City Football Group and various City Football Group joint venture investments in the United States, including two ventures engaged in acquiring, developing and operating recreational and competitive soccer facilities and one venture engaged in developing and operating a sports education school.
- Queensboro United FC (USL’s Queens based Franchise) in connection with the following matters: (i) acquisition of its USL first division franchise and (ii) evaluation, diligence and negotiation of heads of terms with respect to various potential stadium sites in Queens, New York.
- Paul Hastings Ranked as Top Three Firm for New Rankings and Recognized for Numerous Practice Strength and Growth in Chambers USA 2021 - May 21st, 2021
- City Football Group Announces $500 Million Strategic Investment by Silver Lake; Acquires Majority Stake in Mumbai City Football Club - December 17th, 2019
- L&L Holding Company, Normandy Real Estate Partners and J. P. Morgan Complete $880 Million Acquisition of Terminal Stores - October 24th, 2018
- Elanco Animal Health Acquires Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica’s U.S. Feline, Canine and Rabies Vaccines Portfolio - January 3rd, 2017
- Elanco US Enters into Agreement to Acquire Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica’s U.S. Feline, Canine and Rabies Vaccine Portfolio for $885 Million - October 5th, 2016
- Paul Hastings Represents Nordstrom in Acquiring Site for First New York City Retail Store - September 23rd, 2013
- Paul Hastings Advises Talisker Corporation in long-term lease of Park City, Utah resort - May 29th, 2013
- Paul Hastings Soars in 2011 Edition of Legal 500 US - June 1st, 2011
- Paul Hastings Advises Related Companies in the Acquisition, Consolidation, and Recapitalization of Showroom Assets Valued at $1 Billion - May 10th, 2011
- Paul Hastings Names Thirteen New Partners - November 16th, 2005
- Admitted to the New York and Connecticut Bar Associations