When Congress comes calling, companies and their executives call Paul Hastings.
Investigations conducted by Congress are unlike any other, generating their own unique set of far-reaching risks to clients. The Firm has earned a reputation within the corridors of Capitol Hill for its fluency formulating and executing effective strategies that address the formidable legal, political, media, and reputational challenges clients inevitably face as a result of Congressional scrutiny.
The Firm’s Congressional Investigations team is comprised of expert practitioners with exhaustive track records of success representing both companies and individuals on Capitol Hill across a wide array of industry sectors in front of numerous committees in both the House and the Senate.
Our diverse Congressional Investigations practitioners bring together decades of government and investigative experience. It includes Hill veterans who have led investigations for Congress, former high-ranking agency officials experienced in responding to scores of Congressional inquiries on behalf of the Executive Branch, and seasoned Congressional defense practitioners skilled at navigating the oftentimes labyrinth waters of Legislative Branch inquiry.
Our interdisciplinary, full spectrum practice draws upon the skills and expertise of our other powerful, award-winning practice areas, including our white collar, regulatory, national security, and government affairs groups. This multidimensional approach allows us to assess risk holistically and devise solutions that are as effective as they are innovative.
Whether sitting anonymously in the Committee interview room or testifying publicly in the glaring media spotlight, our team is a trusted ally to clients facing investigation by Congress.
A Creative, Expert Approach to Congressional Investigations
- We draw on the scores of bipartisan relationships with Members and Committee staff we have developed over decades of representing clients in front of Congress to help address the unique challenges presented by Congressional investigations.
- Our ability to contain and manage public exposure during sensitive proceedings is highly valued by clients—and means many of our biggest successes are not reported in the news.
- The deep ties between our team and key figures on Capitol Hill enable us to anticipate which industries, entities or individuals are likely to be the focus of a future investigative activity—and assist them in the formation and execution of an effective strategy from start to finish.
- We provide full-spectrum representation—from negotiating and managing Congressional document requests to preparing witnesses for interviews and high-profile public hearings.
- Paul Hastings named to World’s Top 10 Best Investigations Practices by Global Investigations Review
- Our firm was honored with the Washington, D.C. White Collar Litigation Department of the Year Award from the National Law Journal
- We are recognized among the top firms for Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations in the District of Columbia in Chambers USA
- Partner Robert D Luskin was named a White Collar MVP by Law360
- Ronak D Desai was named a "40 under 40" DC Rising Star by National Law Journal