PH FedACTion: Financial Regulatory Updates
Daily Financial Regulation Update -- Saturday, September 18, 2021
By FedACTion Task Force
Subscribe to PH FedACTion: Financial Regulatory Updates
PH Client Alerts
Click here to read more from our Coronavirus series.
Click here to view the full text of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (the "CARES Act"), Enacted March 27, 2020.
Click here to view the full text of the Paycheck Protection Program Increase Act of 2020, Enacted April 24, 2020.
Click here to view the full text of the Paycheck Protection Program Flexibility Act of 2020, Enacted June 5, 2020.
Click here to view the full text of the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021, Enacted December 27, 2020.
Click here to view the full text of the American Rescue Plan of 2021, Enacted March 11, 2021.
Click here to view the full text of the PPP Extension Act of 2021, Enacted March 30, 2021.
Click here to view a running list of proposed legislation from the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs, Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship, House Committee on Financial Services, and House Committee on Small Business.
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
Report: Renters at Risk as COVID-19 Safety Net Ends
September 17, 2021
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) released a report titled, "Financial Conditions for Renters Before and During the COVID-19 Pandemic." The report finds that some government relief efforts likely helped maintain the financial stability of renters and their families, suggesting that many may be at risk as those programs expire.
Bank of England
Paper: Foreign Vulnerabilities, Domestic Risks: The Global Drivers of GDP-At-Risk
September 17, 2021
The Bank of England published a staff working paper titled, "Foreign Vulnerabilities, Domestic Risks: The Global Drivers of GDP-At-Risk," studying how foreign financial developments influence the conditional distribution of domestic GDP growth.
UK Financial Conduct Authority
Speech: FCA's Proposals for a New Listing Regime
September 17, 2021
Director of Market Oversight of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) Clare Cole gave a speech titled, "FCA's Proposals for a New Listing Regime."
U.S. Department of the Treasury - Janet Yellen (effective January 26, 2021)
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau - Rohit Chopra (Nominee)
- Acting Director: Dave Uejio (January 20, 2020)
- Confirmation hearing held on March 2, 2021
- Committee approval March 10, 2021
Securities and Exchange Commission - Gary Gensler (effective April 17, 2021)
- Renee Jones to Join SEC as Director of Corporation Finance; John Coates Named SEC General Counsel (June 14, 2021)
- Daniel S. Kahl Appointed Acting Director of the Division of Examinations; Peter B. Driscoll to Depart Agency (July 14, 2021)
Small Business Administration - Isabella Casillas Guzman (effective March 16, 2021)
- Small Business Committee Advances SBA Deputy Administrator Nominee Dilawar Syed (June 17, 2021)
- U.S. Small Business Administration Announces Key Staff (August 18, 2021)
Commodity Futures Trade Commission
- Acting Chair: Rostin Behnam (January 21, 2021)
- Rostin Behnam, Nominee for Chair and Commissioner of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (September 13, 2021)
- Kristin Johnson, Nominee for Commissioner of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (September 13, 2021)
- Christy Goldsmith Romero, Nominee for Commissioner of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (September 13, 2021)
Financial Crimes Enforcement Network
National Credit Union Administration - Todd M. Harper
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development - Marcia Fudge (effective March 10, 2021)
Federal Housing Finance Agency
- Statement by House Committee on Financial Services Chair Maxine Waters Endorsing Nomination of Sandra L. Thompson as Director of FHFA (September 17, 2021)
U.S. Department of Education - Dr. Miguel Cardona (effective March 2, 2021)
- U.S. Department of Education Announces More Biden-Harris Appointees (June 14, 2021)
- Statement by Secretary Cardona on Nomination of Sandra Bruce as Inspector General (June 14, 2021)
- Statement by U.S. Secretary of Education Cardona on President Biden's Nomination of Amy Loyd (August 12, 2021)
- Statement by Secretary Cardona on Confirmation of James Kvaal as Under Secretary of Education (September 14, 2021)