New York – Paul Hastings LLP, a leading global law firm, announced today that the firm received top-tiered Nationwide rankings in the United States, Japan, and is one of only five firms to be ranked in South Korea for patent litigation in the 2018 edition of IAM Patent 1000. In addition to its national rankings, the firm received a new team ranking in California for patent litigation, along with rankings in Washington, D.C., and New York, where the firm is ranked Gold. IAM recognized the firm’s Intellectual Property practice for strength in patent litigation, post-grant proceedings, International Trade Commission §337 Investigations, and Federal Circuit appellate litigation.
According to IAM, “When the chips are down, technology and life sciences innovators immediately pick up the phone to Paul Hastings; the firm provides comfort with its reservoir of litigation talent, tenacity and superb track record.”
In addition to the firm rankings, 15 Paul Hastings partners were recognized in the following jurisdictions:
Yar Chaikovsky – International Trade Commission
Blair Jacobs – International Trade Commission; Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
Naveen Modi – Post-grant Proceedings
Joseph Palys – Post-grant Proceedings
Yar Chaikovsky – Litigation
Chris Kennerly – Litigation
Robert Unikel – Litigation
Joseph O'Malley – Litigation
Gerald Flattmann – Litigation
Preston Ratliff – Litigation
Bruce Wexler – Litigation
Eric Dittmann – Litigation
Samuel Waxman – Transactions
Naveen Modi – Litigation
Blair Jacobs – Litigation
Joseph Palys – Litigation
Allan Soobert – Litigation
Hiroyuki Hagiwara – Litigation; Transactions
Jong Han Kim – Litigation
The IAM Patent 1000 includes top patent firms and professionals in key jurisdictions around the globe. The guide is compiled after an extensive research process, with 1,800 interviews conducted. Individuals qualify for a listing in the IAM Patent 1000 when they receive sufficient positive feedback from peers and clients with knowledge of their practice and the market within which they operate. Firms qualify for a listing on the basis of their depth of expertise, market presence, and the level of work on which they are typically engaged.
Recognition from IAM Patent 1000 follows a steady stream of accolades for the firm’s Intellectual Property practice, including:
- The firm was named American Lawyer’s 2018 Transatlantic IP Team of the Year.
- Yar Chaikovsky was named by Law360 as a Technology MVP for high-profile patent wins on behalf of Trend Micro and HTC.
- Joseph O’Malley was named an Intellectual Property Trailblazer by the National Law Journal for his work on behalf of Helsinn Healthcare.
- The Daily Journal named Yar Chaikovsky and Chris Kennerly to its list of Top IP Lawyers in California.
- In 2017, firm was named one of Law360’s Life Sciences Practice Groups of the Year.
- Patexia, Inc. recognized Naveen Modi as the most active attorney representing petitioners and patent owners in inter partes review (IPR) proceedings at the Patent Trial and Appeal Board, noting that Modi's workload of 240 cases is the most among the 5,000 attorneys who have worked on IPRs since 2012.
At Paul Hastings, our purpose is clear — to help our clients and people navigate new paths to growth. With a strong presence throughout Asia, Europe, Latin America, and the U.S., Paul Hastings is recognized as one of the world’s most innovative global law firms.