Intellectual Property Practice Nationally Ranked in Patent Contentious, PTAB Litigation, and Life Sciences
Paul Hastings LLP, a leading global law firm, announced today that the firm was recognized in the 2018 edition of Managing Intellectual Property IP Stars.
The firm was ranked nationally in the United States for Patent Contentious, PTAB Litigation, and Life Sciences, and is one of ten firms ranked in Japan for Patent. Within the United States, the firm was ranked in California for both Patent Contentious and Copyright, and in New York, where the practice is Highly Recommended for Patent Contentious.
In addition to the firm rankings, 12 Paul Hastings partners were recognized in the following jurisdictions:
Yar Chaikovsky: Patent Star (California)
Eric Dittmann: Patent Star (New York)
Gerald Flattmann: Patent Star (New York)
Hiroyuki Hagiwara: Patent Star (Japan)
Blair Jacobs: Patent Star (District of Columbia)
Chris Kennerly: Patent Star (California)
Naveen Modi: Patent Star (District of Columbia)
Joseph O’Malley: Patent Star (New York)
Chad Peterman: Patent Star (New York)
Preston Ratliff: Patent Star (New York)
Robert Unikel: Patent Star (Illinois)
Bruce Wexler: Patent Star (New York)
Managing Intellectual Property IP STARS rankings are based on extensive research carried out over a six-month period, starting from September each year. They are published on a rolling basis each year, starting in February and going through May.
The Paul Hastings Intellectual Property practice has regularly received industry honors, including:
- The firm was named American Lawyer’s 2018 Transatlantic IP Team of the Year.
- Yar Chaikovsky was named by Law360 as a Technology MVP for high-profile patent wins on behalf of Trend Micro and HTC.
- Joseph O’Malley was named an Intellectual Property Trailblazer by the National Law Journal for his work on behalf of Helsinn Healthcare.
- The Daily Journal named Yar Chaikovsky and Chris Kennerly to its list of Top IP Lawyers in California.
- In 2017, firm was named one of Law360’s Life Sciences Practice Groups of the Year.
- Patexia, Inc. recognized Naveen Modi as the most active attorney representing petitioners and patent owners in inter partes review (IPR) proceedings at the Patent Trial and Appeal Board, noting that Modi's workload of 240 cases is the most among the 5,000 attorneys who have worked on IPRs since 2012.
At Paul Hastings, our purpose is clear — to help our clients and people navigate new paths to growth. With a strong presence throughout Asia, Europe, Latin America, and the U.S., Paul Hastings is recognized as one of the world’s most innovative global law firms.