Tokyo (May 31, 2010) Paul, Hastings, Janofsky & Walker LLP, a leading global law firm, announced today that it has been awarded M&A Deal of the Year at the annual Asian Legal Business Japan Law Awards.
The firm was awarded M&A Deal of the Year for its role advising Warburg Pincus, as an equity holder in Nikko Asset Management, in connection with the acquisition by Sumitomo Trust and Banking of all stock of Nikko Asset Management for approximately US$1.2 billion.
This award is the latest in a series of accolades for Paul Hastings in Asia. Recent award wins include:
• M&A Deal of the Year (PRC), for the firms work in connection with the US$3.45 billion acquisition by GCL-Poly Energy Holdings of Jiangsu Zhongneng PV Technology Development Asian Legal Business.
• Real Estate and Construction Deal of the Year (PRC), for the firms work on the Glorious Properties restructuring - Asian Legal Business.
• Asian Law Firm of the Year (for the fourth consecutive year) Private Equity Real estate.
• Private Equity Law Firm of the Year Asian-Counsel.
• Real Estate Law Firm of the Year Asian-Counsel.
• Deal of the Year, for the firms work on the US$1.8 billion acquisition of Oriental Brewery in Korea FinanceAsia, IFR Asia, Asian-Counsel, and The Deal Magazine. This transaction has also been awarded Private Equity Deal of the Year 2010 by IFLR.
• Deal of the Year, for the firms work on the complex Zhu Kuan debt restructuring in China, Hong Kong and Macau Asian-Counsel.
Paul, Hastings, Janofsky & Walker LLP is a leading global law firm with offices in Asia, Europe, and the United States. We provide innovative legal solutions to financial institutions and Fortune 500 companies. Please visit www.paulhastings.com for more information