Beijing, Hong Kong and Shanghai (April 23, 2010) Paul, Hastings, Janofsky & Walker LLP, a leading global law firm, announced today that it has been awarded M&A Deal of the Year and Real Estate Deal of the Year at the annual Asian Legal Business China Law Awards.
The firm was awarded M&A Deal of the Year for its role advising Balderton Capital and Trust Bridge, the preferred shareholder sellers, in connection with the US$3.45 billion acquisition by GCL-Poly Energy Holdings, a Hong Kong-listed Chinese power company, of Jiangsu Zhongneng PV Technology Development, a supplier of polysilicon used in solar panels in China.
The Real Estate Deal of the Year was awarded to Paul Hastings in relation to its role advising Glorious Properties in its pre-IPO restructuring. The firm also advised Glorious Properties on its subsequent US$1.28 billion Hong Kong IPO.
These awards are the latest in a series of accolades for Paul Hastings in Asia. Recent award wins include:
• Law Firm of the Year in Asia For the fourth consecutive year Private Equity Real Estate.
• Private Equity Law Firm of the Year Asian-Counsel.
• Real Estate Law Firm of the Year Asian-Counsel.
• Deal of the Year, for the firms work on the US$1.8 billion acquisition of Oriental Brewery in Korea FinanceAsia, IFR Asia, Asian-Counsel, and The Deal Magazine. This transaction has also been awarded Private Equity Deal of the Year 2010 by IFLR.
• Deal of the Year, for the firms work on the complex Zhu Kuan debt restructuring in China, Hong Kong and Macau Asian-Counsel.
Paul, Hastings, Janofsky & Walker LLP is a leading global law firm with offices in Asia, Europe, and the United States. We provide innovative legal solutions to financial institutions and Fortune 500 companies. Please visit www.paulhastings.com for more information