Paul Hastings Wins at LatinFinance Deal of the Year Awards
New York – Paul Hastings LLP, a leading global law firm, is pleased to announce that the firm advised the Republic of Peru on its $5 billion multi-tranche global bond issuance, a deal that was honored as Sovereign Bond of the Year at the 2021 LatinFinance Deal of the Year Awards. The firm also represented Suzano, which was named Sustainable Borrower of the Year, on the issuance of Suzano S.A.’s $1 billion sustainability-linked senior notes.
These awards follow additional recognition for the firm’s Latin America practice, including:
- The firm was ranked in Legal500’s Latin America guide in Banking and Finance, Capital Markets, Corporate and M&A, and Projects and Energy.
- The firm advised on three transactions that were honored at the 2021 LatinFinance Project and Infrastructure Awards:
- Airport Financing of the Year: The Lima Airport Expansion Financing
- Infrastructure Financing of the Year: EnfraGen’s US$1,76 Billion Financing
- Local Currency Financing of the Year: Puerta de Hiero’s Social Bond
- The Energy & Infrastructure Team was again named a “Band 1” team for LatAm by Chambers.
- The refinancing transactions for EnfraGen and Lima Airport Partners were also recognized as “deals of the year” by IJGlobal’s Awards.
- Latin Lawyer recognized the EnfraGen Refinancing as “Project Finance Deal of the Year.”
- Paul Hastings was ranked by Latinvex in the top 3 international law firms operating in Latin America, and Arturo Carrillo, Michael Fitzgerald, Joy Gallup, Robert Kartheiser, and Cathleen McLaughlin were recognized by Latinvex among Latin America's Top 100 Lawyers of 2021.
Dedicated to helping the world’s leading Wall Street and global investment banks, asset managers and corporations achieve their business and legal goals, Paul Hastings is a premier global finance law firm with elite teams in finance, mergers and acquisitions, private equity and litigation. We are one of only a handful of law firms ranked across multiple core finance areas including: structured credit, leveraged finance, private credit, capital markets and real estate finance.
Our unmatched client service has helped us become one of the legal profession’s most admired firms, known for a diverse and highly collaborative culture that delivers innovative solutions.