Sung Ho (Danny) Choi is a Partner in the Global Finance practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm's New York office.
His practice focuses on corporate finance and restructuring transactions. His practice includes the representation of U.S. and foreign financial institutions and corporations in leveraged finance transactions, including acquisition financings, syndicated senior loans, asset based and cash flow financings, second lien loans, and recapitalizations. In addition, Mr. Choi has extensive experience in representing debtors, creditors, lenders, investors, and acquirers of assets in all aspects of bankruptcy and financial restructuring.
His recent distressed lending and workout experience include, among other representations, (i) the representation of Barclays Bank PLC with respect to $150 million debtor-in-possession asset-based revolving credit facility, $100 million debtor-in-possession term loan credit facility, $125 million exit asset-based revolving credit facility and $400 million exit term loan credit facility, in each case, in connection with Mattress Firms’ chapter 11 cases, (ii) the representation of Royal Bank of Canada in the $120 million exchange offer for 10.875% Second Lien Secured Notes due 2022 of Calfrac Well Services Ltd., (iii) the representation of an agent and arranger bank for a multi-million asset-based secured credit facility in connection with an out-of-court restructuring of a prominent global commodity company, and (iv) the representation of Royal Bank of Canada with respect to a $77 million debtor-in-possession credit facility in connection with GST AutoLeather’s chapter 11 cases.
Mr. Choi received his B.A. degree from the University of Pennsylvania in 2003, and his J.D. degree from American University, Washington College of Law (cum laude) in 2007. He is a member of the Bar of the State of New York. He is also admitted to practice before the Southern District of New York.
Mr. Choi is fluent in Korean and highly proficient in Chinese Mandarin.
- Represented Delphi Jersey Holdings PLC ("DPS"), a subsidiary of Delphi Automotive PLC ("Delphi"), and Delphi Powertrain Corporation, a wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary of DPS, in connection with their $1.25 billion senior secured credit facilities consisting of a $750,000,000 senior secured term loan facility and a $500,000,000 revolving credit facility. Delphi is a leading global supplier of technologies for the automotive and commercial vehicle markets.
- Represented Barclays Bank PLC as lead arranger and administrative agent in connection with a $1,000,000,000 senior secured credit facility for HealthSouth Corporation, consisting of a $700,000,000 revolving credit facility and a $300,000,000 term loan facility. HealthSouth Corporation is one of the nation’s largest providers of post-acute healthcare services and an industry leader in home-based patient care.
- Represented Barclays Bank PLC, Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC, BMO Capital Markets Corp, HSBC Securities (USA) Inc., Natixis Securities Americas LLC, Credit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank, ING Capital LLC, and Fifth Third Bank as joint lead arrangers and bookrunners, and Barclays Bank PLC, as administrative agent, in connection with a $315,000,000 senior secured credit facility for Clayton, Dubilier & Rice’s acquisition of a majority stake in Capco, a global consulting organization specializing in business, digital, and technology consulting services for the financial services industry.
- Represented Rabobank as the lead arranger, administrative and collateral agent for a $430 million asset-based secured credit facility for Trammo, a privately-owned, global merchandising and distribution company.
- Represented UBS Securities LLC, BMO Capital Markets, and TD Securities (USA) LLC, as lead arrangers and bookrunners, and UBS AG, Stamford Branch, as administrative agent, in connection with $355,000,000 in senior secured credit facilities in favor of Array Canada Inc. Array is a leading provider of in-store marketing services and displays.
- Represented JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., Deutsche Bank Securities, Inc., and RBC Capital Markets, as lead arrangers and bookrunners, and JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., as administrative agent, in connection with $400,000,000 in senior secured credit facilities in favor of GlobalLogic Holdings Inc. GlobalLogic is a leading digital product engineering services company.
- Represented BMO Capital Markets, RBC Capital Markets, and Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, as lead arrangers and bookrunners, and Bank of Montreal and Royal Bank of Canada, as administrative agents, in connection with $380,000,000 in term loan and asset-based revolving credit facilities, financing the acquisition of Rockpoint Gas Storage by Brookfield Asset Management. Rockpoint Gas Storage is the largest independent owner and operator of natural gas storage in North America.
- Represented RBC Capital Markets, Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC, Jefferies Finance LLC, and SunTrust Robinson Humphrey, Inc., as lead arrangers and bookrunners, and Royal Bank of Canada, as administrative agent, in connection with $600,000,000 in first lien, second lien, and asset-based credit facilities financing Lone Star Funds’ acquisition of Foundation Building Materials. Foundation Building Materials is a leading specialty distributor of wallboard and suspended ceiling systems.
- Represented RBC Capital Markets, Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC, Fifth Third Bank, and BMO Capital Markets, as lead arrangers and bookrunners, and Royal Bank of Canada, as administrative agent, in connection with $600,000,000 of senior secured credit facilities in favor of Impax Laboratories, Inc. Impax Laboratories is a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on developing, manufacturing and marketing generic and branded products.
- Represented RBC Capital Markets, Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated, and SunTrust Robinson Humphrey, Inc., as joint lead arrangers and joint bookrunners, in connection with $185,000,000 in senior secured credit facilities in favor of KeyW Corporation. KeyW is a highly-specialized provider of advanced engineering and technology solutions.
- Transtelco Completes Successful Third Party Tender Offer for Maxcom Notes - November 11th, 2021
- Moody's to Acquire RMS for $2 Billion - August 5th, 2021
- Barclays Serves as Lead Arranger for $1.06 Billion Term Loan Facilities for Aveanna Healthcare - July 21st, 2021
- Paul Hastings Advises Blackstone, Ares and PSP in the Debt Financing for Thoma Bravo’s $6.6 Billion Acquisition of Stamps.com - July 9th, 2021
- Barclays Leads $1.9 Billion Dividend Recapitalization Financing for KIK Consumer Products and Centerbridge Partners - December 22nd, 2020
- Associated Materials Announces Completion of Previously Announced Recapitalization Transactions - August 26th, 2020
- Barclays Serves as Lead Arranger and Administrative Agent in Connection with Encompass Health Credit Facilities - December 3rd, 2019
- Barclays, BMO Capital, Deutsche Bank and Jefferies Serve as Bookrunners on $560 Million Notes Offering for Aveanna Healthcare - November 25th, 2019
- Major Financial Institutions to Provide Financing for KKR’s Acquisition of Arnott’s Biscuits - August 26th, 2019
- RBC Completes $900 million Multi-Currency Asset-Based Revolving Credit Facility for JBS USA - November 28th, 2018
- Barclays Provides Financing in Conjunction with Mattress Firm’s Chapter 11 Emergence - November 26th, 2018
- Barclays and Royal Bank of Canada Commit to Provide $1.495 Billion Financing for Victory Capital Holdings - November 13th, 2018
- Barclays Provides Financing for Mattress Firm - October 11th, 2018
- Barclays Provides Financing for Mattress Firm Credit Facility - December 26th, 2017
- Barclays Acts as Lead Arranger in Connection with $1 Billion of HealthSouth Credit Facilities - October 2nd, 2017
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice to Acquire Majority Stake in Capco - May 24th, 2017
- RBC, Barclays and Other Major Financial Institutions To Provide Financing for Permira's Acquisition of Diversitech - April 20th, 2017
- Array Canada Inc. Closes $275 Million Financing for Dividend Recapitalization - February 13th, 2017
- Paul Hastings Represented Bank of Montreal in Senior Secured Financing for AgroFresh - August 3rd, 2015
- Bain Capital Acquires Blue Coat Systems - May 26th, 2015