Defamation And Non-Disparagement In The Workplace
Defamation claims are experiencing a new “Golden Age” as the current legal climate exalts critical speech, risks ruined reputations, and carries potentially severe economic consequences. This webinar will cover defamation and non-disparagement claims from an employer’s perspective, highlighting common pitfalls, and recommended cures.
Specific content includes:
- Employer defenses and defamation privileges, including California’s A.B. 2770
- Interplay of defamation and disparagement causes of action
- Social media and Section 7 protections for employee speech
- Anti-SLAPP jurisprudence, including New York’s recently expanded statute
- Effectively drafting settlement agreements with non-disparagement provisions