Paul Hastings LLP, a leading global law firm, announced today that Managing IP, a top source of in-house intelligence on global IP, has ranked 13 partners in the 2020 edition of IP Stars: The leading practitioners in IP, including new rankings for partners Steven Marenberg and Philip Ou in California.
Paul Hastings’ 13 star IP practitioners are ranked across the practice’s geographic presence throughout the United States, with lawyers ranked as IP Stars in the firms Century City and Palo Alto offices in California, Chicago office for Illinois, New York, Washington D.C., as well as in Tokyo, Japan. The rankings also reflect the firm’s success in representing clients in diverse technologies, including electronics, life sciences and other industries.
This year’s IP stars include:
Firm practice rankings for Managing Intellectual Property’s IP Stars will follow later in 2020.
In 2019, the firm was ranked nationally by Managing IP in the United States for Patent Contentious matters, PTAB Litigation, and Life Sciences, where the firm is ranked in Tier 1. The firm was also ranked in California for Patent Contentious matters, and in New York, where the practice is Highly Recommended for Patent Contentious matters.
Managing Intellectual Property’s IP Stars rankings are based on extensive research carried out annually, and are published on a rolling basis.
The Paul Hastings Intellectual Property practice has regularly received industry honors, including:
- The firm was shortlisted by Benchmark Litigation for "California - Intellectual Property Litigation Firm of the Year" and “Silicon Valley Firm of the Year.”
- The firm was named 2019 Post-Grant Firm of the Year in IAM Magazine’s Global IP Awards.
- Yar Chaikovsky, Bruce Wexler, Naveen Modi, Joseph O'Malley, and Hiroyuki Hagiwara were recognized in the inaugural edition of IAM Global Leaders.
- Bruce Wexler, Eric Dittmann, and Isaac Ashkenazi were named “New York Trailblazers” by the New York Law Journal.
- Naveen Modi was named by Law360 as an Intellectual Property MVP for high-profile patent wins on behalf of Google, and Samsung.
- Yar Chaikovsky and Philip Ou were named “California Trailblazers” by The Recorder.
- The Daily Journal named Yar Chaikovsky and Elizabeth Brann to its list of Top IP Lawyers in California.
- Yar Chaikovsky was named to Benchmark Litigation’s "Silicon Valley Attorney of the Year" and “California IP Attorney of the Year” Short List.
At Paul Hastings, our purpose is clear — to help our clients and people navigate new paths to growth. With a strong presence throughout Asia, Europe, Latin America, and the U.S., Paul Hastings is recognized as one of the world’s most innovative global law firms.