Bruna Rey is an associate in the Latin American practice and the Energy and Infrastructure practice at Paul Hastings. Her practice covers sectors such as infrastructure, power, and oil and gas. Ms. Rey has represented sponsors and lenders in cross-border transactions involving the acquisition, development, and financing of projects throughout Latin America.
The Lenders in the financing of the design, development, construction, commissioning and operation of the Concesión Autopista al Mar 2 road project in Colombia (involving both US$ and COP tranches). This project involves a Chinese state-owned entity as a Sponsor, as well as a Chinese state-owned development bank.
The 4(a)(2) Investors and Lenders in connection with the US$242 million refinancing of an off-grid, decentralized, solar project (consisting of 174,000 panels, and now being extended by approximately 20%) in Peru developed by Ergon Peru (a subsidiary of Tozzi Green).
Trinidad Petroleum Heritage Limited (the national oil company of Trinidad & Tobago) in the restructuring of its debt.
The project company/sponsor in the project financing of a 275MW solar facility in the State of Jalisco, Mexico. This project marked the first financing of a fully merchant, industrial-sized power complex in Mexico, and involved IFC and Bancomext.
The Sponsor in the 4(a)(2) private placement financing of the 100MW EVM I single-cycle, natural gas-fired power station in Mexico. This project involved a simultaneous mezzanine financing at the HoldCo level that we also worked on for the sponsors.
A Sponsor in the 4(a)(2) private placement financing of the 850MW EVM II gas-fired power station in Mexico, jointly developed by GE.
The sponsors, issuer, and project companies in the financing of a 207MW wind farm in Brazil (a project valued at BRL 1.4 billion), involving an approximately US$33 million guaranty issued by the IDB in connection with a debenture issuance in the Brazilian market, and marks the first time that a product of this type was structured in the Brazilian market.
Infraestructura Energética Nova, S.A.B. de C.V. (IEnova) in connection with a US$ 1 billion multicurrency letter of credit facility.
The Lenders in the ongoing financing of the 108MW expansion of a 155MW wind farm and associated transmission line in the Sierra Juarez Mountains of Baja California, Mexico that sells energy cross-border into the U.S.
The University of Chicago, LL.M., 2017
Pontificia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro (PUC-Rio), J.D., 2012
- Paul Hastings Wins at 2021 Latin Lawyer Deal of the Year Awards - May 6th, 2022
- Paul Hastings Wins Three 2021 LatinFinance Project and Infrastructure Awards - September 30th, 2021
- Paul Hastings Advises on Two 2020 IJGlobal Awards - June 29th, 2021
- EnfraGen Energía Sur, S.A.U., Prime Energía SpA, and EnfraGen Spain, S.A.U. Issue $1.76 Billion Debt Package - December 23rd, 2020
- Paul Hastings Wins at Latin Lawyer Deal of the Year Awards - May 6th, 2022
- Paul Hastings Advises on Two 2021 IJGlobal Awards - March 21st, 2022
- Recognized by Bonds & Loans Latin America & Caribbean Awards 2021 - November 1st, 2021
- Winner of Three 2021 LatinFinance Project and Infrastructure Awards - September 30th, 2021
- Recognized by Latin Lawyer for the 2021 Project Finance Deal of the Year - May 24th, 2021